Answers to common questions we get on how to use Keepboard.
For a few years now, Apple has allowed third-party keyboards to be installed on iPhones and IPads. Third-party simply means they were not developed by Apple and therefore aren’t bundled with the iOS. Since allowing for these types of keyboards many have been developed and are available in the app store. Typically, third-party keyboards have special functionality or additional features that are not included in the Apple keyboards.
Keepboard is an example of a third-party keyboard designed with special features and functionality to insert hashtags into messaging app conversations and search fields.
Keepboard does NOT record, nor has any visibility, to your texts or any of your messages. The only data we have are the hashtags that you add to your library, including the description and/or icon pictures that you may have assigned.
Keepboard does NOT have any access to your messages whatsoever. As far as Keepboard is concerned, your messages remain fully private.
Keepboard is designed to bookmark messages in chat apps like iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber, Hike, and Line. However, Keepboard can also be handy to insert hashtags in social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Keepboard needs full access so that the keyboard can access the internet and download the customizations and images that you choose to personalize your library of hashtags. Keepboard can NOT read or access your messages or anything you type using your iPhone keyboard.
YES! While we hope you'll find Keepster useful use, and that you won't want to uninstall from your phone, we are compliant with GDPR laws. Simply send an email to email@example.com and request that your account be deleted. Our support team will reply confirming the request has been completed. For more details, see our Terms & Conditions.
There are two main components to Keepboard:
- Keepboard App: This is where you manage your hashtag library and account. You can add, edit and remove your hashtags. You can also view useful information like help, FAQs or Terms & Conditions. Also, you can log out if you ever wish to do so. You DO NOT need to use the app to insert hashtags into your texts or chat. For that, you use the keyboard.
- Keepboard Keyboard: This is how you use Keepboard to insert your hashtags, when messaging or chatting using apps like iMessage, WhatsApp and many more. When you switch to the Keepboard keyboard you will see your library of hashtags and features to bookmark your messages. You can not edit or manage your hashtags from the keyboard.
Using Keepboard :: App
Choosing that option makes it easier for you to log into Keepboard, as you can use the same username and password you use for Google and/or Facebook. Basically, just one less username and password for you to remember!
Since Keepboard is all about all things messaging, we would like to have your phone number so we can send you information or special offers. We promise not to spam your phone with text messages!
Yes! Once you add a suggested hashtag to your personal library you can change everything; including the photo and description.
The heart icon marks a hashtag as one of your favorites. Once marked as a favorite, the hashtag will appear at the top of the list in your library of hashtags. If you have more than one favorite hashtag, they will appear at the top of the list, in alphabetical order.
Using Keepboard :: Keyboard
- Open the messaging app you are using, such as Messages or Whatsapp.
- Touch and hold the Globe button (#2)
- Select Keepboard from the pop-up menu box. (#3)
Yes! You can toggle on as many hashtags as you like when bookmarking your messages.
Totally up to you. You can use Keepboard to insert hashtags at any point in your message.
There is very little difference in functionality between the Keepboard iMessage extension (indicated by the yellow arrow) and the keyboard (globe button). It's just a matter of personal preference and which is more convenient for you to use. Either will enable you to access Keepboard to insert a hashtag into your conversation.
Tip: If you use the iMessage extension, for some people it feels a bit quicker to access Keepboard to insert a hashtag, and then switch back to another keyboard.
To find the instances where you used one of your hashtags:
- Open the search feature in the messaging app.
- Open the Keepboard keyboard (by clicking on the globe icon or on the Keepboard icon in the iMessage extension).
- Toggle on the hashtag you want to find and click Insert. And boom! All the instances where you used that hashtag will show up!
It is not recommended to use the slider when searching.